We invest in high-quality and innovative schools and leaders committed to serving Clark County students in areas of greatest need.
To be considered for an investment, applicants must:
- Have strong financial documents indicating reserves and liquidity for expansion and to execute on a growth plan
- Launch in one of our Priority Footprint neighborhoods and serve student populations that reflect the surrounding community
- Be eligible to receive public funding
In addition, applicants must:
- Have or show progress toward obtaining 501c3 non-profit status
- Have a track record of success with student outcomes, or a strong plan to deliver positive student outcomes.
- Complete a letter of intent to submit a charter application to an active Nevada authorizer within 18-months of the grant timeline
Schools/leaders must demonstrate evidence of strength and experience in the following key areas:
- Delivering rigorous instruction to every student
- Holding high expectations for every student
- Practicing strong school management and business operations
- Taking a data-informed approach to student learning, emphasizing continuous improvement
- Placing students at the center of all decision making and being responsive to student needs
- Optimizing time, resources, and instructional methods to enrich student learning and ensure educators' time is spent where it matters most
- Showing passion, personal integrity, and the ability to achieve outstanding results
- Engaging the students, families, and communities they serve regularly and meaningfully
Applications are accepted at any time and approved on a rolling basis.
Visit our portfolio schools page to learn about great schools currently in our portfolio.
Apply for an Opportunity 180 grant
Planning Grants are awarded to fund the expansion of high-performing public schools interested in expanding their positive impact to serve Clark County students and families in areas of greatest need. We also accept applications for founding school teams who have a clear vision and strategic plan to launch a schools in areas of greatest need.
Click here to access our Planning Grant application.
Year 0 Grants are for public charter schools that have already received authorization and are preparing to launch a school. Year 0 grants offset some of the one-time startup costs required to launch new schools or to transform underperforming schools to high-performing ones.
Click here to access our Year 0 Grant application.
If you do not fit the above criteria, please contact us to share your ideas, and we will contact you about other potential opportunities within our portfolio.
Have questions about our grants? Contact us.