Calling Education Leaders - Now is the Time! Apply for the Design to Edrupt Fellowship!
- APPLICATION OPEN: September 1, 2022
- Priority application closes: September 30, 2022
- Application deadline: October 14, 2022
Space is limited with only 10 applicants being accepted for the second Explore cohort. Have questions? Please email ODE@opportunity180.org
Opportunity 180’s Design to Edrupt looks to disrupt the current educational landscape
by surfacing and supporting underrepresented PreK-12 future and current education leaders and helping to reimagine the future of learning. During the fellowship, individuals will have the opportunity to explore the idea of designing and launching a new learning environment,
such as a school or program.
“Opportunity 180's Designed to Edrupt was the catalyst that shifted my thinking of leadership and entrepreneurship. I left Explore with greater capacity to fulfill my role as a school leader. I have also developed a stronger drive and tools to launch a program for impact in education. It was truly time well spent.” - Cesserly Rice, Design to Edrupt Cohort I fellow
The Explore Stage, the first stage of our two-stage fellowship, occurs part-time, mostly nights and weekends, starting in January 2023
. This stage will provide fellows with an opportunity to assess and explore their leadership readiness to design and launch a new school or program, develop and pilot a learning environment that is co-created with students and families, and identify multiple pathways (e.g. school or program operating within schools) to launch their idea.
Fellows who are interested in and ready to continue to the Cultivate Stage will continue to “pilot” their ideas and try their hand at launching an idea from scratch, while planning, managing, and executing logistics, operations, and providing team support.
The successful fellowship strategy was originally designed and launched in Denver. CO in 2017 by Moonshot edVentures
with the goal of creating a diverse pipeline of leaders dedicated to serving all kids. The expansion into Clark County will be operated and executed by Opportunity 180 with training and limited support from Moonshot edVentures.
Designed to Edrupt is Currently Seeking Fellows Who:
- Brings new ideas and unique ways to improve outcomes for students and families.
- Deeply believe in the power of community, family, student, and teacher input to co-create a learning environment.
- Cultural competency, including a sense of commitment to unpacking bias, developing a vision with integrity, and creating the systems that improve learning outcomes for underserved communities.
- A desire to improve and develop skills in the ODE Leadership Competencies.